Last modified on: 08/31/2014
This policy does not apply to the Ripple open source client software or the Ripple distributed open source global payment network accessed through that software (collectively, “Ripple Technology”), which may be accessed via our Site. Netmint does not own or control Ripple Technology. However, if you access Ripple Technology from a hyperlink on our Site, we may collect the information identified in the “Information We Collect Automatically” section below in connection with your use of Ripple Technology. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, which will disable any information we would collect from cookies. We use the information collected on Ripple Technology solely to analyze trends and evaluate user engagement of Ripple Technology, when accessed from our Site. We will not collect any of the information that you provide directly to Ripple Technology. Additionally, if you access Ripple Technology by any other method, other than through a hyperlink available via our Site, then we will not collect any information in connection with your use of Ripple Technology.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an online account, post messages to our forums or wikis or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, e-mail address, username, password, location and any other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY:
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Site or transact business with us, including:
Log Information. We collect information about your use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
2. Information usage
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in order to operate and improve our Site;
• Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
• We are based in Brazil and the information we collect is governed by Brazilian law.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. Security We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
6. Your choices
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at the information below. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.